6 Reasons I Need a Vacation
I’m happy to report that today my family and I are headed out of town. No, we weren’t chased out by an angry mob with torches and pitchforks. Why would you even think that?
We are very blessed to be going on vacation to visit family in Oklahoma and Kentucky. Besides that, we’ll get to do a little ministry along the way and I’m thankful for that opportunity. We’re driving from Dallas to Oklahoma to stay for a week then we’ll drive to Kentucky for another week before driving back to Dallas.
Seriously, this family of six leaving Alaska seemed to take as much planning and strategy as the first Gulf War, but God is good and we were able to make it happen. I’m thankful for the miracles.
In the spirit of ‘checking out,’ I thought I’d offer up a few humorous and some a little too-close-to-home reasons why I know it’s time for a vacation.
6. We’ve had such a cold and rainy May & June so far in Juneau, I have a negative Vitamin D count.
5. I find myself having vivid dreams of solving HTML code or CSS issues (for website design) and wake up in a cold sweat.
4. I’ve logged more hours with my office chair than a preadolescent girl listening to Justin Bieber on repeat
3. I’ve been looking for a good reason to sing “99 bottles of beer on the wall.”
2. My computer sent me an error message that said, “Seriously, go outside.”
1. I keep talking to myself then getting into arguments until I get offended with myself and I have to ask my wife to be an intermediary (between myself). This is why my wife needs a vacation.
This looks nice, but we will not be going there…
Okay, your turn. Tell me why you need a vacation or what you are planning or would do if you could go on vacation right now.