Top 5 Cartoon Criers
It’s been a while since I did a not-so-serious post here so I feel like it’s overdue. When you couple that with the fact that I’m away from home until Monday to attend a conference in Oklahoma, simple gets a whole lot more appealing.
I was reading this post on an entertainment news site (don’t judge me too harshly) all about the cheesy animated moments that make you cry.
I have to admit that I have a soft spot in my heart for these animated tearjerkers. I can be a fairly emotional guy when I get into a story so all those cartoon movies that I say my kids dragged me to? Most of them I wanted to see anyway, and I find myself misty-eyed before it’s over way too often.
Since this is supposed to be simple, I’m just going to spit them out and we can discuss in the comments (these are in no particular order).
- Horton Hears a Who –it’s when that little shirker Jojo lets out the life-saving yell that tips the scale, I just can’t take it!
- The Iron Giant –if you’ve never seen this, it’s excellent (the director went on to do the Incredibles) and the big ol’ robot saves the day.
- Monsters, Inc. –Boo and Sully, reunited… Awwww…
- Toy Story 3 –this one, I didn’t just mist up. I actually had tears running down my cheeks. Thank God there were extended credits so I could dry off before exiting the theater.
- Dumbo –the “Baby Mine” song with his mom (although it didn’t do anything for me before I was a parent)
Okay, I have bared my soul and invited your ridicule!
What’s the last cartoon that made you cry or tear up? Do you love animated movies like I do? Oh and guys, don’t be afraid to let it out. This is a safe place. 🙂